Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Beginning



Hello, My name is Travis.  I am starting this blog to record my success and failures with the Angels of Death. I enjoy all aspects of the hobby whether its throwing dice down or hunched over a desk lamp painting.  I consider myself an intermediate painter - not great, but well within the table top standard.

I have quite a few points of Blood Angels right now, I got into the hobby towards the end of 4th Edition and have played a few armies since.  I started playing a Nurgle-themed Chaos list and then progressed to Dark Angels.  From there, I went to Space Wolves and played them for over a year.  Got into Blood Angels, but mostly into the painting side of it, and didn't actually start playing games with them until after I experienced playing Grey Knights for awhile.  The army wasn't that fun for me, mostly because it didn't take very much effort to defeat people...  even with making mistakes during deployment or target priority.  It didnt seem to matter.  So I got rid of them and went full force with the Blood Angels.  Right now I probably have lost more games than I have won. 

I am sticking with them. I was really into the whole DoA style of play but that proved to be very difficult and seemed to always be at a disadvantage.I started trying hybrid style lists seeing what worked and what didn't.  So this blog will be my experiences with certain builds and what I think about them.  I consider myself to be a pretty competitive person and hope to participate in many tournaments in the months to come.

I just moved to San Diego, CA and play all my games at Game Empire.  There are many very talented people who play there so that can only make me a better player myself.

With 6th Edition just being released I expect the next few months to very exciting....... 


2 comments:

  1. I think the Internet should be introduced to your miniatures. Let's see what you've done and what you can bring to the table. Show your conversions and WiPs.

    ReplyDelete