Saturday, July 21, 2012

Battle Report #4

Well today I have a Battle report against paper plate scythe list of doom again, went to the store to play a game and he was the only player avail.  Today (Friday) is the only day this week I am able to get a game in today so I went for it.

My Army List
Dante (Warlord, roll warlord trait to add 1 to my charge range to whatever I roll) -225
Honor Guard w/4 Plasma Guns in a Drop Pod -210
10x Assault Squad w/2 Melta's and a PF -235
10x Assault Squad w/2 Melta's and a PF -235
Sanguinary Guard w/Chapter Banner and 2 PF's -250
10x Death Company w/Bolters and 2 PW's in a Drop Pod
Death Company Dreadnought w/Blood Fists in a Drop Pod
Sanguinary Priest w/JP and PW -90
5x Devastator Squad w4 ML's
Storm Raven -200
-2000

Imotech -225 (Warlord Trait gets 1VP for each character his warlord slays)
Cryptech w/Harbinger of Eternity and chronometron - 40
12x warriors w/Night Scythe -256
12x warriors w/Night Scythe -256
6x Wraiths w/Whip coils -270
6x Wraiths w/Whip coils -270
10x Scarabs -150
Doom Scythe -175
Doom Scythe -175
Doom Scythe -175
-1992

BA vs Necrons
Mission: Big Guns Never Tire
Deployment: Vanguard Strike (5 Objectives)

Red Thirst: Devastators (excellent), SG, and HG (again awesome).  

He won the roll off and gave first turn to me, in hopes of seizing on his 4+ which he didn't.

Top of Blood Angels Turn 1 (Night Fighting)
 This is what it looked like at the top of turn 1, I deployed in a way expecting him to seize but he didn't.  My 2 Drop pods with Death Company are going to be coming down on turn 1, so I have 1 drop pod with Honor Guard in reserves as well as Dante, Priest and 1 Assault Squad.
My Drop Pod with the Dreadnought Scatters towards his wraiths by like 10 inches.....good thing I didn't put it closer to the edge.  I didn't want to deal with his wraiths though or the Scarabs with him.  DC who I wanted close scattered away like 5.

My Assault Squad moves forward and runs.  My SG also move forward 6, so they just walked out of difficult terrain.

DC rapid fire into the wraiths killing 3, DC Dread only manages to put 1 wound on a wraith with his storm bolter.

Devastators hit a few times but wraiths make all their saves, as well against all the drop pods storm bolters.

Bottom of Necrons Turn 1
His wraiths move up to engage the Dread, the squad of 3 moves to engage the Drop Pod and both get wrecked.  First Blood to Necrons, it is now 0-1

Scarabs kind of scoot along the back table edge trying to stay away from my DC and moving towards Dread.  Scared of the Death Company I suppose.


Top of Blood Angels Turn 2

SG move up towards the Wraiths, as well as the Assault squad and Death company moving towards wraiths.

Last Drop Pod comes down with HG and I put them right next to the scarabs.

Death Company rapid fire into the squad of 3 wraiths and 2 die, assault squad shoots as well but doesn't manage anything.

HG rapid fire into scarabs killing 5 bases.....but I lose 1 HG to Gets HOT (seems to happen every game)

Death Company assault last wraith and kill it.
SG attemps to assault the 6 man squad of wraiths but fails.  I needed a 6 and I roll 5.

Bottom of Necrons turn 2

3 Doom Scythes come on, no Night Scythes

Wraiths move towards Devastators

1st Doom Scythe Death Ray kills 4 DC and the PF Sergeant in the Assault Squad.
2nd Doom Scythe kills 5 in the Assault Squad and another 4 with the Cannon.
3rd Doom Scythe shoots at Devastators and rolls 3 one's to wound and I make 2 cover saves.  So I lose none to the Death Ray (First time this ever happened), then I lose one Devastator to the cannon.
(I really hate Doom Scythes, dont know if I ever said this)

Scarabs multi-assault the HG and Drop Pod.  Drop Pod blows up dealing 3 wounds and killing a base.  The HG deals 3 wounds killing another base.

Top of Blood Angels turn 3
Storm Raven comes on and blows up the Doom Scythe right in front of him, score is now tied 1-1

Devastators snap fire at the Doom Scythe in front of them in the back ruins, and get a penetrating hit and score a stunned result making the flier not able to turn in his next turn and move a maximum of 18inches.

Dante's squad comes down as well and I put them in the  back corner behind the Doom scythe (chose here becuase it was really the only place on the board where I didnt have to worry about getting shot at by Doom Scythes next turn).  Anyways I hope for the best and snap fire 2 melta's and Dante's Pistol into it and do absolutely nothing.

DC assault the wraiths and at the end of that assault I have 1 SG alive and 1 wraith.

2 more wounds wounds on the scarabs and none on HG.

Bottom of Necrons Turn 3

This is what the board looked like at the start of his turn.

2 Night Scythes come on to the left of the Storm Raven and Glance him to death (Oh crap)

Scarabs die to the HG

Top of Blood Angels Turn 4
Dont have a picture of this, I was bummed about losing the Raven and was thinking about what I could do now.  I really wasnt expecing to lose him that easily.

Either way the turn was completely ineffective for me being unable to do anything to fliers except for my snap shots.

Bottom of Necrons Turn 4
Night Scythe on top of the building drops Imotech and his squad into those ruins near an objective in there.
Doom Scythe moves in front of Devastators again, the Doom that got hurt last turn turned 90 and flew to the lone assault squad guy hiding.  He had a Night Scythe and a Doom Scythe on him now, my opponent didnt want to take any chances leaving scoring units alive anywhere.

Of course that 1 guy died.

HG assault the warriors and do absolutely nothing.

I also lose 2 Devastators from the Doom in front of them.

Top of Blood Angels Turn 5

Another completely ineffective turn for me, I couldn't do anything to fliers

Dante and his squad start making way for the warriors in his deployment zone with my HG.

DC move towards the objective in the middle of the table again, just in case he tries to take that one.

HG deal 0 wounds (to much use of plasma guns they forgot how to use a chainsword) 0 wounds from the warriors in turn.

Bottom of Necrons Turn 5

His Night Scythe flies like 36 inches across the table and drops his warriors right in front of the Devastators.  He unfortunately kills them all with the combined might of 2 Night Scythes and warriors.  It is now 1-3

Doom Scythes both turn towards Dante's squad and kill 4 each pretty much.

HG die in close combat this turn while not inflicting any wounds once again.

If the game ends now he has 1 OBJ and I have 1 OBJ but he has First Blood, 2 Heavy kills and he is in my deployment.  So he would win 4-7.  He rolls and it continues.

Top of Blood Angels Turn 6

This is was probably the most ineffective turn I have ever had

DC turn towards the warriors in my deployment where the Devastators used to be and move 6 and run like 3.

Dante and his squad once again move towards Imotechs squad, 12 and run like 4.

Bottom of Necrons Turn 6

Doom Scythes being in a bad position now trying to annihilate Dante are forced to fly off the table, he doesn't really care at this point because he has the victory secured.

The Warriors in the ruin in my deployment came out to shoot at the lone Sanguinary Guard guy holding an objective but he makes all his saves.

He holds 2 OBJ's now to my one.

Score is 4-9

roll to see if it continues and once again it does.

Top of Blood Angels Turn 7

DC move over to the warriors and rapid fire then roll a 11 to charge.   They are completely wiped out, warriors stood no chance.

Bottom of Necrons Turn 7

Warriors rapid fire into Dante and the remaining members of his squad killing all of them and inflicting 1 wound on Dante.

Imotech comes out and charges Dante, he takes 2 wounds I take one I win combat and he rolls an 11 for leadership.  Then I promptly roll to sweep him, I now have Slay the Warlord.

Dante and the warriors are still there, and nothing he can really do at this point so the game ends....Dante is surrounded so is about 5 inches off his OBJ.

So he was 1 OBJ now, I have 1 OBJ.

3-3

I have Slay the Warlord, Line Breaker, 1 Heavy kill.

He has First Blood and 2 Heavy Kills

6-6 Draw

Leaving my 6th ed Record now at 2-1-3

2 comments:

  1. Did both of his Doom Scythes go into reserves? Also did they come back on turn 7?

    If they didn't come back turn 7 you technically won. You should have gotten 2 VP for the Scythes because units left in reserve count as being destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they did not come back on, he forgot all about them once they went into reserves. He didn't remember it until pretty much the end of Turn 7, which at that point the game was over.

      One thing I did learn from this game is I really need 2 fliers. Once I lost my Raven I could barely do anything to his fliers as they were flying around killing my things.

      Delete