Saturday, July 7, 2012

Battle Report #2

Today it is Blood Angels vs Necrons.  My opponent is going to be using a few proxies for his Doom Scythes and Night Scythes. 
Mission: The Relic
Deployment: Dawn of War

My army list for this game was
Dante (Warlord Trait was FNP within 3 inches of an objective, kind of useless for me) -220
10x Assault Squad w/2 melta's and PF -235
10x Assault Squad w/2 melta's and PF -235
10x Assualt Squad w/ 2 flamer/s and PW -215
Sanguinary Guard w/Banner -230
9x Death Company w/bolters and 1 PW - 195
5x Scouts w/Sniper rifles and 1 ML and camo cloaks - 100
2x Sanguinary Priests w/jump packs and 1 PW -165
Storm raven with multi melta and assualt cannons -200
Storm raven with multi melta and assualt cannons -200
-2000

My Opponent
Imotech -225 (Warlord trait is Furious charge in the enemies deployment zone)
Cryptech w/Harbinger of Eternity and chronometron - 40
12x warriors w/Night Scythe -256
12x warriors w/Night Scythe -256
6x Wraiths w/Whip coils -270
6x Wraiths w/Whip coils -270
10x Scarabs -150
Doom Scythe -175
Doom Scythe -175
Doom Scythe -175
-1992 (May be something I missed, this is what I remember)

My opponent gets first turn, which is fine for me since its a objective game basically and all his stuff is deployed on his board edge anyway so even if I did take first I would never be able to get into range to shoot him.....that and Imotech has a 4+ seize the initiative anyway.


Top of 1
He has 2 Wraith squads and the scarabs start on the table but they all pretty much hug is board edge.  It is night fighting and Imotech's random lightning doesnt score any wounds on unengaged units.  He also has all his fliers in reserve as well as the warriors in the night scythes.

Bottom of 1
I move everything up hoping to get the relic early and start moving it back into my deployment zone. He also only brought 2 Scoring units being the warriors so I dont have a lot to worry about with him moving the relic.  I put my 2 assualt squads, dante, sanguinary priests into reserve they will be deep striking later.

I combat squaded the one assault squad with the flamers and PW

Snipers try to shoot the wraithes and there are 2 within 36 inches.  1 Sniper round and the ML launcher end up wounding.  He makes the save againt the sniper rifle with a 2+ cover save but fails on the ML rolling a 1 so 1 wraith instantly dies.  This is what the board looked like at the end of my movement phase.



Top of turn 2


2 Doom Scythes and 2 Night Scythes come onto the table (Notice the paper plates of doom cut out to look like the real thing)

Then all the scarabs and wraiths move forward

Doom Scythes wipe out the assault squad trying to take the relic and end up only killing 1 DC. 

First blood to Necrons it is now 0-1

Bottom of Turn 2





I Deep Strike my 2 Assault Squads next to his scarabs and wraiths, Dante's squad doesn't scatter and the other ends up moving like 4 inches closer to his wraiths but I am good by like 3 inches.  All in all excellent Deep Strike.  1 Storm raven comes on and shoots at 1 of the Doom Scythes scoring 2 Penetrating hits but he chooses to evade for the 5+ save and ends up passing both.  By doing that though he can only snap fire on his turn

My other stuff moves up and my 5 man assault squad there tries to take the relic....DC move up and Sanguinary guard start trying to make their way to the middle.

Dante's squad kills 4 scarab bases, 3 of the bases being instant kills from 2 melta's and Dante's Inferno pistol.

Other Assault squad puts 1 wound on a wraith.

Necron Turn 3

All his Fliers zoom 18 inches to the right and start shooting.

First Doom Scythe kills 1 Sanguinary guard with his death ray
2nd Doom Scythe kills 2 Sanguinary guard with the death ray
Night Scythe kills 1 guy from the assault squad by the relic
2nd Night Scythe kills 1 DC





Wraiths and scarabs assault the 3 guys on the relic killing them all off.

Wraiths by Dante's squad assault his sqaud.  1 wound on the wraiths and he killed 2 marines.  I fail LD and fall back 11 inches.  which was good I was going to try to Hit & Run either way.

Bottom of 3 Blood Angels


Red Storm raven zooms off the table and Black raven comes 18 inches on

Black Storm raven shoots a Doom Scythe scoring 1 Penetrating hit and locking his velocity.

Dante assaults the wraiths and kills them all.
DC rolls an 11 to charge and get to assault the other wraith squad killing 2 Wraiths
Assault Squad in front of scarabs assaults them and kills them all.

Top of Necron turn 4

Don't mind those scarabs on the left there they all dead. 




Black Storm raven gets glanced so he loses a hull point.  The remaining wraith dies in cc to the DC.  1 Doom Scythe came on and shot at the squad trying to take the relic but only ends up killing like 3 guys

Bottom of Turn 4 Blood Angels (This picture is actually the top of 5)


Red Storm raven comes zooming on and blows up the Doom Scythe and the Black Storm raven goes into hover mode and takes out the Night Scythe (which is the one carrying Imotech so he and his sqaud immediately get placed back into reserves)

I move Dante into the enemy deployement zone trying to secure Linebreaker and hopefually have a chance on taking out his warlord.

At this point it ends for me since he has nothing on the table

Top of Necrons turn 5



2 Doom scythes come on and 1 Night scythe

Warriors beam out of the night scythe trying to stop me

Imotech and his squad walk onto the table right in front of my squad (I was hoping for this)
either way they all rapid fire into my assault squad and I end up losing 4 marines.

1st Doom Scythe kills 1 DC and the other Doom scythe kills 1 DC and 2 of my marines running away with the relic with the death ray.  I end up being OK with the relic, guy carrying it was being protected by his buddies.

warriors choose to rapid fire into my raven and score a glancing hit, the night scythe scores another glancing hit on the raven.....they don't like fliers I guess and could care less that I am running away with the relic.

Bottom of 5

Dante's squad shoots at Imoteche's squad and ends up killing like 5 warriors and Imotech uses Look Out Sir to save himself from the melta's it works but now there is noone left alive within 6 inches of him and he ends up taking 2 more wounds since he was the closest model to my unit. 

My squad holding the relic move further into my deployment and DC company and 2 remaining Sanguinary guard try to shield them.  I destroy the Doom scythe with the red raven and black raven hovering takes out 5 warriors.

Dante and his squad assault Imotech killing everything giving me Slay the Warlord

Score is now 1-1

At this point the game ends on 5 so I get 3 points for the relic and another 1 for Linebreaker

Ending in 5-1 Blood Angels.....raising my 6th record to 2-1-1.

Was a fun game and gives an idea how games are going to be with lots of fliers.  I think I did a lot better this game and honestly looked like I was going to win around turn 3.   Great opponent and Doom Scythes are a pain with those Death rays 10 str ap1 line that just cuts off into whatever direction you want.  Those things scored more kills then anything else and definitely going to be top priority.




2 comments:

  1. Cool BR!

    It seems that the cron player is putting too many points on flyers. This is hurting him in the troops section. I love the models he is using for Flyers, is that custom made or can I purchase that online somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, we spoke about that. Not sure if he will include more scoring units in the future or not.

      The fliers are custom and have a sweet Hawaiian themed paint job on the bottom.

      Delete