Saturday, July 21, 2012

Army List #2

This is my new attempt at a list in preparation for a Tournament I have in Aug at 2k.

After my game yesterday I needed to make a few changes, I definitely saw my weaknesses.

Dante -225 (Will roll on Command Warlord Traits again)
10x Assault Squad w/ 2 Melta's and PF -235
10x Assault Squad w/ 2 Melta's and PF -235
10x Assault Squad w/ 2 Melta's and a Lightning Claw -225
Sanguinary Guard w/Chapter Banner and 2 PF's -250
10x Death Company w/Bolters and 2 Power Swords -230
Death Company Dreadnought -125
Sanguinary Priest w/JP -75
Storm Raven w/Assault Cannons and Multi-Melta -200
Storm Raven w/Assault Cannons and Multi-Melta -200
-2000

Now if I play a heavy flier list I could always make a quick adjustment and drop the DC down to 6 man with no PW's and drop the Combi-Melta on the Priest and add a Power Weapon then I can fit in the Aegis Defense Line.

I think this list would give me a much better shot against a lot of people.  This list is meant to be as all comers as possible because realistically I will have no idea who my opponent will be.

Edit---
So I learned a few things from a game I had on Sunday.  1 Drop Pod doesn't work, and since I only had 1 Drop Pod my Honor Guard were unsupported.
 Devastators also couldn't manage to hit anything all game, its not their fault I blame the dice.

I also believe in the Death Company Dreadnought and know he will do great if given the opportunity.  Last game I played with him he died as soon as he came down in his Drop Pod.   

So above is the list I will be going into next game with, also I was told the next league will be at 1666 points.  That is a little odd but I will see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment