Saturday, August 18, 2012

League Game 3 (1-2-0)

Game 3 had me pitted against the Tau, of course I didn't take any pictures because of the fast pace of the game.  I need to try to get some for next game.

Things that went poorly for me this game was my Vanguard Vets failing to come in on turn 2.  Rolled a 1 then with the reroll from DoA I rolled a 1 again.  My Honor Guard did come in though so I deepstriked them into a ruin in my opponents deployment.  He had railgun broadsides in there as well as a squad of 3 crisis suits with plasma.

Dante with the HG lost 1 from failing his dangerous terrain test....broke both his legs coming in.  I rapid fired their plasma guns and the tau made every cover save.  The main reason I sent dante here though was to take care of the biggest threat on the table but the obj they were sitting on also granted skyfire......so I needed to take care of those rail gun broadsides before my flyers came on.

Vanguard came in on turn 3, and landed 5 inches away from their target they were planning on assaulting.  Course I rolled snake eyes for the charge and in my opponents shooting phase rapid fired plasma from Commander farsight and his complete retinue full of plasma and missiles that just came in from reserves.  Needless to say my vanguard were pretty much wiped out to the man.

My opponent got first blood, slay the warlord, 1 heavy support kill during the game.

I got 1 Heavy support kill, 2 Objectives. (My Storm raven flew away and went into hover mode to claim an objective and my assault squad I kept back was holding the other in my deployment.  At the end that storm raven had 1 hull point left so it was close)

No comments:

Post a Comment