Saturday, August 11, 2012

League Game 2 (0-2-0)

My List
Dante -225
Honor Guard w/JP's and 4 Plasma Gun's -225
8x Assault Squad w/ 1 Melta and Powerfist
8x Assault Squad w/1 Melta and Powerfist
9x Death Company w/ Bolters and Power Sword
10x Vanguard Veteran Squad w/4 Power Fists and 4 Storm Shields, 1 Melta Bomb -485
2x Sanguinary Priests -150

I believe that was everything, I paired up against an IG player with BA Allies.  I don't remember the whole list but I remember the Thunderbolt and Cestus Assault Ram.  The Cestus killed Dante and his entire Honor Guard in 1 Melta Blast.

There were like 5 Fliers which in itself wasnt so bad, I thought I was doing pretty well.
This is a picture at the start of my turn 2, the mission was purge the alien and Hammer and Anvil deployment.  I started my troops right on the 24 in line and tried to move forward as fast as I could.

Turn 2 he had 3 fliers come in, at this point you can see my DC already took 3 casualties.....from the Leman Russ Executioner.  The good news is I combat squaded the Vanguard Vets 1 set came down and took out the Leman Russ, the other drifted 6 inches into his squad and got a mishap and went right back into reserves.

Dante and the HG came down and Rapid Fired Plasma into the back of one of his flyers and it exploded with the 1 six to hit I got.  He had a veteran guardsman team inside and they all died but 1 guy who plummeted to the ground unharmed.  At this point I got first blood.

Then as you can see from the picture above the Cestus dropped off a ten man BA assault squad right in front of mine (painted as GK's) then the Cestus turned around in Hover mode and wanted Dante dead.

Then the Melta blast happened from the Cestus and killed Dante and the HG.  I will remember this, that things weapon is brutal...didn't help it didn't scatter at all.

Vanguard vets tried to come down again in turn 3 but again scattered 6 inches towards his troops and again got a Mishap and went back into reserves.

Those are all the pictures I have but the game ended on turn 5, never got night fighthing.

I was trying to recover from facing all terminators with Draigo last game and I go right into a heavy flyer list.  Hard trying to figure out a list and maintain my assault theme I want.

I believe next week is Big Guns Never Tire.....oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment